forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of XHTML?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:59:28 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I have two questions re the switch from Forrest document-v20-Format to
> xhtml:
>
> - What is a realistic expectation for this to happen in terms of time
>   and version? (No guarantees expected of course!)

It is part of the switch to the new skinning system that Thorsten has
recently prototyped. Both he and I need this for our work so "soon".

Of course "soon" is a relative term. All I can say is that it *will* be
in the next release.

> - Will Forrest still support document-vxx after the switch?

Yes.

>   And if so, will document-vxx-support become a plugin?

Probably. Although it is likely that that plugin would be included in
the default distribution for a while since there are a large number of
sites using that format document.

Ross