forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mirror.ihtml is not converting
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:09:06 GMT
I was able to follow the instructions fairly well except for the major
part of the .ihtml not converting.  Here is the hack that I did to get
everything working:

Instead of source.ihtml and binary.ihtml I just wrote source.xml and
binary.xml in the normal xdocs fashion (using the mirrors.ihtml stuff
as a template for my combo box.)

Then in my site.xml I had:

    <project-information href="" label="Project" tab="project">
        <index_pm href="index.html" label="Welcome"/>
        <license label="License" href="license.html" />
        <downloads label="Downloads">
            <bindownload label="Binary"
href="http://myfaces.apache.org/binary.cgi"/>
            <srcdownload label="Source"
href="http://myfaces.apache.org/source.cgi"/>
            <bindownload_html href="binary.html"/> <!-- these dummy
links are necessary -->
            <srcdownload_html href="source.html"/> <!-- these dummy
links are necessary -->
        </downloads>
     </project-information>

     <!--
     NOTE: foo tab doesn't really exist (its label is empty String.)
This allows us to create bogus
     links for the binary.xml and source.xml files.  These bogus links
are necessary to trick
     Forrest into converting them into html even though they are not
linked anywhere.  The real
     links are the cgi scripts tha will eventually make use of these
html templates.
     -->
     <foo href="" label="" tab="foo">
         <bindownload_html label="" href="binary.html"/>
         <srcdownload_html label="" href="source.html"/>
     </foo>

So the foo tab links forced the generation of the HTML page but you
never see them because the tab is empty string.  The links in the
download section were necessary b/c otherwise when the cgi redirected
you to the page you would see the empty tab with empty entries.  You
can check out the end results at http://myfaces.apache.org.

sean

ps. If you have further questions please email me directly b/c I am
unsubscribing from the list.