forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Paterline, David L." <pater...@westinghouse.com>
Subject Newbie question: defining ENTITY values in a separate configurati on file
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:13:31 GMT
Hello all -

I'm a new user of Forrest and the associated technologies, so I hope I can
find some help with a basic question or two.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to centralize definitions of text variables
to be used throughout the various XML files in my project.

I'm using entity references to refer to contents of pre-defined entities
within my XML files. Within each file, I define the entity and then
reference it:

	<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.2//EN"
"http://apache.org/forrest/dtd/document-v12.dtd" [
	<!ENTITY frtzum '../xdocs/md/fretz/fretz_um.pdf'>
	]>

This works fine, within each XML file. For a couple of reasons, I'd like to
collect all these entity definitions into a single configuration file
(mainly to minimize maintenance issues, such as using a single definition in
multiple XML files).

So, my questions are - is this possible, and what would be the recommended
way to implement this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-