forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of XHTML?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:10:07 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> RG> In this case you could consider using the XHTML subset we have defined
> RG> now. We already support it as an input format, it's just that we don't
> RG> use it internally yet. This will save you having to retrain folk in the
>
> This sounds interesting. So this subset is currently transformed to
> document-vxx before it gets skinned. And it is probably not a
> plug-in (since I found none that looked like it) but a build-in
> feature.

This has been in the core of forrest since the beginning.
We transform every input source into document-v**

This "internal" format is planned to be XHTML in
Forrest version 0.8

> Only questions remaining is: Where is the grammar for this XHTML
> subset defined. I saw only the general xhtml-dtds in
> ...\main\webapp\resources\schema.

The XHTML "subset" is document-v20 ... it uses a subset
of XHTML and no forrest-specific ones such as those used
in document-v13, e.g. <link>

Ross is suggesting that you use document-v20 now as input
because the change to XHTML documents is then trivial.

--David