forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Validating editors
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 06:18:27 GMT
Good Morning!

David Crossley wrote:

DC> That is just for the core catalogs and DTDs from Forrest.
DC> You need to also tell your tool where to find your
DC> project catalog.

DC> For Forrest, our internal machinery knows about your
DC> project catalog. For other tools, you need to explicitly
DC> tell them.

Sorry, to quote just that was misleading. I told Oxygen the
address of the project catalog not the core catalog.

>> Doesn't work for me if the system id in the document is not valid.

DC> Sorry, i don't understand that comment.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE kursbeschreibung PUBLIC "-//Bildungsverein-Hannover//ssp//DTD Kursbeschreibung
V1.0//DE"
                        "http://ssp.bildungsverein.de/dtd/kursbeschreibung-v10.dtd">

In my DOCTYPE I havve system ids like
http://ssp.bildungsverein.de/dtd/kursbeschreibung-v10.dtd (no existing url) or
file:///P:/Forrests/Kunden/Bildungsverein/src/documentation/resources/Xschema/kursbeschreibung-v10.dtd
(no existing dir)

to simulate the situation that the dir-structure at the clients disk
will be different then mine, so that the catalog mechanism has to actually kick
in and find the corrent location (rather then me having to replace all
the doctypes there).

And with JEdit and Forrest it does work while Oxygen and XMLBuddy seem to
get stuck trying to find the resource in the doctype only.

I don't really think that it has to do with the catalog not working
because both will work just finde and validate if I remove the
doctype.

Ferdinand Soethe