forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Validating editors
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:50:18 GMT

I have a real nasty problem with two validating Eclipse XML-plugins as
soon as I add doctypes to my Forrest documents:

This is the header in my files:

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <!DOCTYPE kursbeschreibung PUBLIC "-//Bildungsverein-Hannover//ssp//DTD Kursbeschreibung

This is in %projectdir%\src\documentation\resources\schema\catalog.xcat

     <public publicId="-//Bildungsverein-Hannover//ssp//DTD Kursbeschreibung V1.0//DE"

and the dtd-file is kursbeschreibung-v10.dtd in the same directory.

The nice part is that Forrest will now validate the file without

Not so nice: As long as the doctype-header is in the file, XMLBuddy
and Oxygen will insist on evaluating the system id and tell me that
the domain does not exist.

Telling Oxygen where the catalog is doesn't help, XMLBuddy doesn't
even know catalogs and all the other options I tried failed as well.

On the other hand, JEDIT has no complaints, so it can't be all wrong.

I really don't want to use a fixed file-system id that need
changing whenever we move to a new machine. Anybody any ideas what
else to try to get around that?

View raw message