forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: some questions regarding forrest
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:44:17 GMT
Marc Logemann wrote:
> Hi,
> ok, perhaps there is a CVS <-> "current website" mismatch but when you
> look at the following xdoc:

> and check the current webpage for it (dont know if this is current though)
> it looks like that one xdoc get splitted up in different HTMLs based on
> sections.

I'm not entirely sure how this is done with tapestry, but I have used a
technique to produce similar effects on my old teaching content (for
example see
and compare it to a different view of the same page at

Basically what you need to do is write a new stylesheet that does the
splitting onm defined points in the document (I do it on top level
sections, it looks like tapestry does it the same way).

This would make a great plugin, perhaps you could use the stylesheets
that Tapestry have to create a plugin to split pages like this (the code
I have is again version 0.5 of Forrest so best work with Tapestries it
will be more current).

For a doc on creating plugins see

I (and other devs) will be happy to answer further on creating this
plugin on the dev list.

View raw message