forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: some questions regarding forrest
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:34:13 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 15:44 +0100, Marc Logemann wrote:
>

>>1.
>>--
>>I want to create product documentation and i need 3 versions: "PDF",
>>"HTML One-Page", "HTML links-per-chapter/topic". An example of such an
>>approach can be seen here: http://www.solarmetric.com/jdo/Documentation/
>>(docbook generated ;-)) How to structure the XML documents for this?
>>Do i need XML linking capabilites? Because i want one XML file per
>>topic, several topics are a chapter and several chapters are the book.
>>Now i want forrest to produce one BIG html page covering the book, one
>>TOC based html with different links to the various topics or chapters
>>and a PDF with the complete material. PDF for various chapters wont hurt
>>either. Tapestry has done it nearly the same way with forrest, so it
>>should be doable. (perhaps i should check out tapestry CVS to see whats
>>going on there)
>

> Hmm, I just looked on the link you posted and on the tapestry site. The
> overview is a simple site with links. Trying to say this you will have
> to create yourself. forrest will not produce this for you at current
> stage.

Ho are these pages currently generated? There must be a document that
defines the order of the sub pages.

>>3.
>>--
>>When transforming the OO documents to PDF, we get the Object
>>descriptions for tables and images below them. Is this the way it should be?

Yes, these are the captions for the table and images. It is not
currently possible to turn them off or move them, but it would be nice
to extend the stylesheets with such customisations. If your itch gets
strong enough join us on the dev list and we'll point you are the right
files.

Ross