forrest-user mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann <m...@logemann.org>
Subject some questions regarding forrest
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:44:27 GMT
Hi,

i am trying to create product documentation with Apache Forrest. This is
my first contact and i just decided to use Forrest instead of docbook
for documentation creation.

As allways, some things are pretty easy and some not. I created my first
testproject and i was able to create the html and PDFs for my site. I
have also tested the OpenOffice writer and its amazing that you can put
your .swx files in there and it gets transformed to HTML and PDF, really
nice.

But as stated, i have a few beginner questions:

1.
--
I want to create product documentation and i need 3 versions: "PDF",
"HTML One-Page", "HTML links-per-chapter/topic". An example of such an

2.
--
How can i control the PDF generation? The footer is pretty big and i
want to shorten it but how?

3.
--
When transforming the OO documents to PDF, we get the Object
descriptions for tables and images below them. Is this the way it should be?

--
regards
Marc Logemann