forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Including externally generated html documents
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:45:48 GMT
Kola Oyedeji wrote:
> Yes I added to it site.xml

(it would make it easier to follow this thread, especially in the
archives, if you could put your comments inline, it helps people who
jump in in the middle of a thread to get a grasp of the context and
therefore contribute their own thoughts)

In forrest.xmap for 0.7 there is the following:

<map:when test="{project:content.xdocs}{uri}.html">
    <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{uri}.html" type="html" />
    <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
    <map:transform type="idgen" />
    <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
</map:when>

This pipeline results in html files being embedded in the normal skin.

As you can see it is processed by html2document.xsl, ensure that your
html file will result in something sensible when processed by the XSL.
It may be that there is a bug in the XSL.

If you are using 0.6, as I said earlier, I am not sure if the behaviour
is exactly the same. This functionality was there but it may have
changed I can't remember.

>>>Hi, sorry I'm a bit confused - here is what I did:
>>>
>>>Create a simple html page with simple text <h1>Hello world</h1>
>>>
>>>Named it test.html and placed it in my xdocs folder
>>>
>>>Built my forrest site -
>>>
>>>My forrest site now has a new html page called test.html
>>>
>>>It does *not* contain the content which is within the html file in mr
>>>src/.../xdocs folder.

What *is* in test.html?

What happens if you ask for http://localhost:8888/body-test.html?

Ross