forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project-specific plugins
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:43:43 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to have a project-specific plugin?
>
> Asked the other way round:
> * we want to modify the PDF-output plugin for a project
>   but would rather prefer not to change anything in the
>   original
> * we want to have a specialized input plugin that is
>   only needed for this project
>
> What's the best way to do this?

You could do the work in your project sitemap.xmap. However, I prefer to
create plugins as this increases the ease of reuse.

You can have as many plugin.xml files as you like listed in
forrest.properties. See the forrest.plugins.descriptors property. Each
of these can define any number of plugins from any number of repositories.

So what you do is create your own plugins.xml file that describes the
plugins you have created for your own projects. This can be housed
anywhere that is accessible to the ANT GET task (this includes the local
filesystem). Add the path to this plugin to your forrest.properties file

That's it, Forrest will load the first plugin it finds that matches.

This feature has not been extensively tested, please let us know of
success or failure. Preferably in the form of a contribution to the docs
if you can.

Ross