forrest-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <maili...@matthias-wessendorf.de>
Subject Re: [OT] MyFaces/Struts/Forrest/cocoon eek!
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:36:23 GMT
Hi,

> I guess I wanted to ask if anyone has had any success in combining these
> frameworks? It seems to me that JSF/Struts conflict and probably
> Struts/cocoon conflicts too. Maybe I'm wrong.

Struts was first generation of framework for developing JAva based
webapps. Extracting request parameters etc. were fine with Struts.

JSF does a bit more, using *components* and different renderers
for presenting that. Also JSF enables you using POJO JavaBeans
for forms and action processing
(in very short)

Struts-Faces is a project to use a "legacy" struts "back end"
and combining it with the new JSF UI technology.

Struts Shale is a *new* framework for leveraging JSF.

If you want more to know, I suggest to come to MyFaces
user lists ;)

http://myfaces.apache.org (based on forrest)

-Matthias