forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] MyFaces/Struts/Forrest/cocoon eek!
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:26:21 GMT
Vincent Bray wrote:
> Hi kids.
>
> Our development team is about to drop php like a hot, unpleasant thing.
> Most of our work involves publishing articles written in various xml
> schemas to various output formats (web, print, cd etc). There's the odd
> bit of the usual web application work too, maintaining databases and the
> like.
>
> We've had great joy using forrest for documenting our own procedures so
> far so naturally I'm considering cocoon as a framework for future
> developments.
>
> I guess I wanted to ask if anyone has had any success in combining these
> frameworks? It seems to me that JSF/Struts conflict and probably
> Struts/cocoon conflicts too. Maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Sorry to be so vague, and thanks,

You'd be better off asking this broad questions of the Cocoon community.
Forrest is pretty focused on being a publishing framework and nothing
more. It is the job of Cocoon to add all the other stuff.

That being said, anything Cocoon can do Forrest can also do since it is
a Cocoon application.

With respect to retrieving and publishing data from databases I do have
a DB plugin on my hard drive waiting for tidying up before committing
here. If you need it just ask.

Ross