forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugging into a site.xml
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:37:44 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Hi Arik,
>
> AK> We are writing software that utilizes Forrest and generates a complete
> AK> Forrest documentation project from some outside data. The only thing
> AK> that is provided from outside our software is the menu structure and
>
> Check out this example from a recent thread
>
>       Q: Integrate multipage externally generated content
>
> It shows how to use x-include to insert buildingblocks into an
> existing site.xml.

This assumes you have a prebuilt site.xml snippet. This is not the case
here, Arik has a different document format to start with and needs to
translate it before it can be included. This will need to be dones with
a transformation, therefore in internal plugin is the answer.

> What I don't know/ haven't asked if this works with tabs as well, but
> you could always ask Sjur.

It does, but again, only if your snippet to include is already in the
right format.

Ross