forrest-user mailing list archives

From Arik Kfir <arikk...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Plugging into a site.xml
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:08:05 GMT
Hello,

We are writing software that utilizes Forrest and generates a complete
Forrest documentation project from some outside data. The only thing
that is provided from outside our software is the menu structure and
tabs (i.e. tabs.xml and site.xml) - they are provided by the user.
However, we need to manipulate them to insert some predefined menu
structure and tabs of our own.

For example, suppose the user provides a tabs.xml with custom tabs, the
resulting tabs.xml after processing should also contain our tabs as
well. The same for site.xml. Our dillema is: how should we perform the
manipulation? Of course, we can simply process the file directly and
change it (our copy of it, that is). But I was wondering if there is a
way of defining/redefining a pipeline or something in the project.xmap
that will so (perhaps create a custom Generator for the
site.xml/tabs.xml that will embed our added data).

Has anyone done this before (changing the default pipeline of
site.xml/tabs.xml) via the project's site map?

10x,
    Arik.