forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: FOP configuration file...
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:59:45 GMT
I used the fo-output from forrest to check for
   http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-413

I'm getting errors, too, and I think I saw the
fonts error as well. But despite this the generated
pdf file looks fine. See detailed example output
at the very end of this mail.
   (Note: the background value ERROR stems from an
    extension I've made for the Excel input plugin)

Check your output file generated.

I used FOP-0.20.5, forrest r154829 (from Feb-22)
and a customized skin based on pelt (?! the table
one back from the good old days ;-).

Cheers
Johannes

Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Quoting greg.vaco@cox.net:
>

>>I'm trying to track down a few of my PDF errors and would like to run
>>Forrest's generated FO files through my local copy of FOP.  But, I'm missing
>>the Font files and generating lots of errors.  So, where in Forrest is the
>>FOP configuration file stored that defines the custom fonts and their
>>corresponding matrices?
>>
>>Specifically,
>>
>>[ERROR] unknown font sans,normal,normal so defaulted font to any
>>

> IIRC, we don't have one; we let it all go to defaults.
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-132 discusses how we would use one for
> different fonts.

D:\XML\fop-0.20.5>fop index.fo abc.pdf
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] JAI support was not installed (read: not present at
build time). Trying to use Jimi instead
[INFO] [2]
[INFO] [3]
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[INFO] [4]
[INFO] [5]
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[INFO] [6]
[INFO] [7]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

D:\XML\fop-0.20.5>fop faq.fo abc.pdf
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] [2]
[INFO] [3]
[INFO] [4]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

D:\XML\fop-0.20.5>fop printit.fo abc.pdf
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] [2]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

D:\XML\fop-0.20.5>fop master.fo abc.pdf
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[ERROR] Error in column-width property value 'NaNin
   ': org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No
conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in number-columns-repeated property value
'NaN': org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion d
efined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] Error in background-color property value '':
org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[ERROR] ... repeated ... (js)
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] [2]
[INFO] [3]
[INFO] [4]
[INFO] [5]
[INFO] [6]
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD
must be specified on table.
[INFO] JAI support was not installed (read: not present at
build time). Trying to use Jimi instead
[INFO] [7]
[INFO] [8]
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 450000 greater than
maximum specified IPD 433275
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 450000 greater than
maximum specified IPD 112500
[INFO] [9]
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

D:\XML\fop-0.20.5>

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de