forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions regarding S5-Plugin
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:22:54 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Trying to get the S5-Plugin to work I have a few questions that I
> found no answer to in the list.
>
> 1. Why is it not delivered to the plugin dir when I check out Forrest
>    sources?

It uses some code that is GPL'd and therefore cannot be distributed with
Forrest.

>    After some trying I realized that I had to configure it as
>    a plugin, run Forrest to have it downloaded, then look at the
>    forrest\build\plugins branch to find plugin and docs. Is this
>    supposed to be like that?

Yes, and no.

The "configure as a plugin" part is as intended - see
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/plugins/usingPlugins.html#How+is+a+Plugin+Installed%3F

The documentation side of things is still a work in progress (scheduled
for the 0.7 release). The forrest website will have documentation for
all approved plugins i.e. those that appear in the plugins.xml file
hosted by Forrest. A freshly seeded site will have a summary of all the
available plugins.

> 2. How to I make the plugin kick in?
>
>    Looking at the S5-docs directory I only see a normal link to
>    manual.html. But if I copy that to my S5-enabled site, no
>    slide-show appears.
>
>    And a forrest run doesn't seem to work in the plug-ins root.
>
> 3. How to I combine it with the OO-Plugin to show Impress slides.
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated

I just checked the plugin zip and notice that it has not been updated to
the new directory structure. To see the docs do:

cd FORREST_HOME/build/plugins/s5/docs
forrest run

Ross