forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding forrest in custom software
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:38:47 GMT
Arik Kfir wrote:
> 10x Ross,
>
> I'll take a look at them both. If the Eclipse plugin really does "embed"
> forrest than that is exactly what I need! Will post again should
> problems arise.

The Eclipse plugin embeds Forrest in an Eclipse plugin (suprise!). What
youend up with is Forrest embedded in Eclipse.

If you don't know how eclipse works it may seem a little confusing as
there are lots of hooks in the Eclipse platform being used.  Might be
easier to start from the forrest.sh|bat script in that case.

However, if you do know how Eclipse works you may find it useful to look
at
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/tools/eclipse/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/job/ForrestRunner.java?rev=153349&view=markup

This is the clasee that does the work of setting up the classpath needed
and so on.

> After I'm finished, I'll try (if time permits...) to
> summarize my experience into a document about how to embed Forrest in
> other software, so that you will be able to put it on your site, for
> others that will need to do the same (I imagine it might be useful to
> someone...).

That would be very much appreciated, I am sure you will not be the only
user needing to do this (in fact I know you aren't)

Ross