forrest-user mailing list archives

From Arik Kfir <arikk...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Embedding forrest in custom software
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:26:05 GMT
Hello,

We are thinking about embedding Forrest as a content generation engine
in our software. Currently, the direction we want to take is simply
embedding the Ant runtime itself, and use it to activate Forrest.

In details we will:
1. Add the Ant JAR files into our classpath.
2. Add the xml-forrest.jar to the classpath
3. Add required JAR files from Forrest's "lib" directory to the
classpath (we're not sure which ones we really need - would appreciate
help on this).
4. Create a template project structure (e.g. src/documentation,
forrest.properties, etc) in a temporary directory
5. Activate Ant in code (manually create the Project, etc) to run
Forrest via its standard build.xml file.

Before I start working on this, I was wondering if anyone had any
experience in doing this, or any tips/tricks on the subject.

10x in advance!
    Arik Kfir.