forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting page meta tags
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:13:26 GMT
Ben Litchfield wrote:
> I am using apache forrest 0.6 with the pelt skin.
>
> I would like to set the <meta> keywords/description tags for each
> document.  Can this be set in the <document>?  If so how?
>
> Do I need to change the XSL to make this work, I would rather use the
> default from forrest.

There are meta data tags in the DocV2.0 DTD (see
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/document-v20.dtdx.html)

However, it seems that these tags do not make it into the final HTML
document in 0.6. This will be fixed in 0.7 (due towards the end of this
month).

In the meantime the dev mailing list has a mail describing how to do
propogate these tags through to output page:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=110324061019177&w=2

Ross