forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Validating editors
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:10:53 GMT

FS>> I have a real nasty problem with two validating Eclipse XML-plugins as
FS>> soon as I add doctypes to my Forrest documents:

Good news after installing and testing Webtools M3. The open source
product's editor in Webtools M3 works well with Forrest documents,
has no problems with DOCTYPE-headers and finds the right grammar using an
entry in the preferences-section. It does not yet support the Forrest
catalog (you have to reference each grammar seperately), but I can
live with that for now.

Especially since code completion seems to be a much cleaner
implementation than most closed source products and works pretty
smoothly.

Logging of problems could be improved though. If you make a mistake in
referencing the Grammar, the editor switches to deducing the grammar
from the document even though a doctype is given and you won't notice
the problem unless you really do test cases on your grammar.

Ferdinand Soethe