forrest-user mailing list archives

From <greg.v...@cox.net>
Subject Advice on incorporating external documents...
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
What's the best method of incorporating external documents?

My Forrest project is becoming a victim of its own success; our beta release contains 2,200
pages of XML content that's extracted from a repository.  However, now I have to link my Forrest
pages to supporting documents that are outside of my control, but are pointed to by the repository.
 To further compound my problems, the links must be relative to Forrest because the site will
be deployed on multiple servers and must also be executable from a standalone DVD.

I've reviewed the support archives for similar problems and from what I can tell I might have
three choices: IMSManifest, ForrestBot, and the new Link mapping.  Can someone shed light
on the pros/cons of each approach or on something that I haven’t considered?

Thanks,
Greg