forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Bowe, Bastian" <Bastian.B...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject RE: xpointer attribute in xincludes
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:53:26 GMT
I think it's better to ask such questions at the cocoon list as the
development of xpointer is done by the cocoon team.

ansformer.
html it seems that xpointer instructions must be provided in the href
attribute and not, as the recommendation suggests, in the xpointer
attribute?

So you can't do:
<xi:include href="myfile.xml" xpointer="my.id"/>

While this is ok:
<xi:include href="myfile.xml#xpointer(my.id)"/>

At least when I try the former on Forrest 0.6, the xpointer isn't obeyed and
the entire document is included.

Is this the intended bevahior of the xincludes transformer? Are there any
plans to change this?

Best,
Claus