forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Wiki and UTF-8/non-latin-1
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:52:46 GMT

På 16. feb. 2005 kl. 15.06 skrev Ross Gardler:

> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> I have now added the encoding parameter at the following locations:
>> $FORREST_HOME/plugins/wiki/input.xmap
>> $FORREST_HOME/plugins/wiki/resources/chaperon/sitemap.xmap
>
> The second of these is not used by Forrest, it is there because this
> directory is a copy of the Cocoon block.

ok.

> In the xmap files you need the namespace.

ok, I just checked that they're there (they are).

> Did you do "ant local-deploy" from within the plugin directory? This
> will deploy your changes to the running instance of Forrest.

No, I didn't (I edited the xmap in the build dir manually). Now I have
done it, but still no UTF-8.

> Configuration of plugins is not possible yet, we have discussed
> various solutions over on the dev list, but none have been implemented
> yet. One thing is sure is that it should *not* be central. The whole
> idea of plugins is to decentralise. Furthermore, it doesn't really
> make sense to configure the plugin across the board since there may be
> multiple files each with different encodings.

Ok. But how could one specify the encoding of text files, which
inherently has no way of specifying it within the file?

It could be possible within a sitemap, but I don't like the idea of
setting up a whole project-specific module just to specify the encoding
of some text files (which in my case are all in the same encoding).

But this is future - first we need to get the encoding working in its
own:-)

Sjur