forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Adding DTD's to the catalog
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:14:16 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I need to add some documents that use a custom DTD to my project. As per
> the instructions at
> I have placed my
> DTD's in src/documentation/resources/schema and have a new project.xcat
> file (in the same directory).
> If I run "forrest validate" all my docs are validated, however if I run
> "forrest site" the files with the new DTD's fail because Forrest is
> trying to download the schema from the web (and they are not there, only
> local).
> Any ideas?

A little more info, I think this shows that the project.xcat file is not
working in a "forrest run|site" but is working for "forrest validate".

If I change my doctype from ...

<!DOCTYPE mailingListIndex PUBLIC "-//SAAFE//DTD MailngListIndex
V1.0//EN" "">

<!DOCTYPE mailingListIndex PUBLIC "-//SAAFE//DTD MailngListIndex
V1.0//EN" "../../../resources/schema/dtd/mailingListIndex-v10.dtd">

... then everything works fine.

Can someone who knows more about catalog resolution confirm this is a
bug, or am I missing something?

View raw message