forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Meta tags
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:12:31 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Ross Gardler a écrit :
>
>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>    I have seen in the description of the DTD that it was possible to
>>> add meta tags in the header of my xml files.
>>>    But the xml validation tells me that :
>>>        .../content/xdocs/jeux/jeux.xml:10:12: The content of element
>>> type "header" must match
>>> "(title,subtitle?,version?,type?,authors?,notice*,abstract?)".
>>>
>>>    Is it possible to define meta tags (for instance : keywords ...)
>>> with forrest 0.6 ?
>>

>> Meta tags were added in Document V2.0. It looks like you are using
>> something prior to that (it is available in Forerst 0.6).
>>
>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/document-v20.dtdx.html#meta
>>
>> Ross
>>

> OK, now the validation is Ok, but forrest does not generate meta tags...
> And if I consult the site2xhtml.xsl, it is correct, because I think that
> no template take into account that tags to generate xhtml...

Hmmm....

That is not the required behaviour, please raise a bug report (but
search first, there was recently a discussion about better support for
meta-data and I think a patch was supplied, if you find this issue then
add your comments as to whether it is a valid solution for you, this
will prompt a dev to consider the patch)

Ross