forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan" <prav...@hcltech.co.jp>
Subject mapping .svg files for document2pdf
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 05:46:19 GMT
Hi,
    I am able to get mapped .png files in the webpage but not in the pdf
from .svg files and chart files of fin.
    The error it gives for generating pdf is that respective .png files are
not found (though the path is correct for where the .svg and .xml chart
files are placed).

    I am trying to get the following figures to appear from document like
index.xml:
1) "charts/area.png"    (Should map from an charts/area.xml file through
JFreeChart/Fins module to a .png file)
2) "images/boxes.png"  (Should map from a charts/boxes.svg file through
svg2png serializer)

Both show correctly on the html page ie localhost:8888/index.html

However, when I look at the pdf file localhost:8888/index.pdf (and the core
logger errors) it says that
1)charts/area.png file not found
2)images/boxes.png file not found

>From my limited understanding, I feel that, while for index.html mapping and
pipelies are working correctly, but for index.pdf (which uses xml2fo and
fo2pdf serializer):
1)charts/area.xml did not get mapped through JFreechart/fins to
charts/area.png
2)images/boxes.svg did not get mapped through svg2png serializer to
images/boxes.png.

Additionaly, for charts, I have added the following in the project's
sitemap.xmap
transformer:
      	<map:transformer name="chart"
				src="it.ipzs.charts.JFCTransformer"
				logger="core"/>

and the following
mapper
			<map:match name="wildcard" pattern="charts/*.png">
				<map:generate
src="{project:content.xdocs}/charts/{1}.xml"/>
				<map:transform type="chart"/>
				<map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
			</map:match>

What should I add to make the pipeline do similar things for index.pdf also?

regards
Praveen