forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject discussions on the mailing list please (Was: Reusing legacy HTML)
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:31:53 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> >let me know if you'd rather have me post these questions to the list
>
> It is much better to post them to the list, you get the benefit of other
> peoples eyes, sometimes this will mean a better solution, sometimes a
> faster response, sometimes it'll be me anyway. Furthermore it means the
> issues appear in the archives.
>
> Of course, this last point is less important if you are able to write up
> this info as a doc.

Yes. Please everyone, it is a big problem when committers (and other
developers) are contacted off-list. One-to-one discussions reduce our
effectiveness and could even lead to burn-out.

As Ross said, doing on-list discussions are much better for everyone.
Another advantage is that then the community can grow.

--David