forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Cannot make directory based menue work, any ideas?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:29:20 GMT

I'm playing with different approaches of building menues in forrest
and tried to set up the directory based selection according to
the documentation

1. Setting forrest.properties in my project directory like this:

##############
# behavioural properties
#project.menu-scheme=tab_attributes
project.menu-scheme=directories

Btw. What ss the other setting "tab_attributes" for?

2. created a dir structure in my xdocs dir

xdocs
+---How To Customize html Processing
+---images
+---Testing anchor processing of html file

3. removed all ids from tabs.xml

<tabs software="MyProj"
  title="MyProj"
  copyright="Foo"

</tabs>

4. cleaned out site.xml

<site label="MyProj" href="" xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">

</site>

As far as I understood, Forrest should now build a menu from the
subdirectories, right? Well it doesn't.

To be sure I added some dirs with simple name like test1 and test11,
no difference.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

--
Ferdinand Soethe