forrest-user mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@apache.org>
Subject RE: mapping .svg files for document2pdf
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:21:09 GMT
On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 16:16 +0900, Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan wrote:
> Hi,
>      I have diagonized more details on the problem, but am yet unable to
> comprehend the workaround.
>
> The further diagnosis that I have is:
>
> The intermediate .fo file generated has
> <fo:external-graphic
> src="C:\Sumpurn\websites\KanjiSensei/src/documentation/content/xdocs/charts/
> bar3d.png" />
>
> which is then sent to fo2pdf serializer.
>
> fo2pdf has no idea that charts/bar3d.png was supposed to be serialized
> through charts, hence expects the bar3d.png to be present in the respective
> directory. Hence the file not found error comes.

Hi Praveen,

fo2pdf cannot resolve relative links (whether they be http: or file:
based).

What has worked for me in getting SVG images in PDF is this:

     1. Make sure that in a browser I can get the PNG or JPEG that is
        generated from SVG via an absolute URL.
     2. Use that URL as the "src" attribute for the
        "fo:external-graphic" element.
     3. Generate the PDF and you should see the image in the doc.

Hope this helps,

--
Rick Tessner
rick at apache dot org