forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hiding a tab's TOC in the main TOC
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:55:31 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>El dom, 23-01-2005 a las 00:39, Sylvain Wallez escribió:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>Maybe that's a newbie question...
>>
>>I'm adding a tab to a Forrest site and would like it to have its own
>>TOC, separate from the main one, i.e. something similar to Forrest's own
>>web site where Welcome/Project/Documentation/How-To have separate TOCs.
>>
>>I couldn't find a way to do that using a single site.xml. Is it possible?
>>
>Yes.

<snip-example/>

>3. Now in http://lenya.apache.org/installation/index.html: you have your
>tab specific TOC or did I missunderstand you?

No, you understood perfectly! Comparing your examples to my site.xml
(Cocoon's one, actually) I found that the "tab" attribute was missing on
the root <site> tag, and that leads all its children to be displayed in
the main TOC even if they have their own tab attribute.

Adding the tab attribute on the root element solved the problem. Is this
a bug or a feature?

Also, I found another minor bug: having a tab with no sub-nodes leads
the whole TOC to be displayed in the tab. That requires a tab with a
single page to have that page declared as a child of the tab's node.

Anyway, thanks for the hint, Thorsten!

Sylvain