forrest-user mailing list archives

From Phil Sullivan <>
Subject xml validation failure when an & is present...
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:40:43 GMT
Hello -

First off, congratulations - Forrest has helped me get a professional
looking site up and running for my wife with  the only glitches being
operator induced (that would be me) far i've figured them out
using he doc's and examples - but this one has me stumped.

I am getting validation errors when I  include strings like this in an
xml docs:

[F12]. [IRKBD:F12:P&R]

success. It appears the & is the problem since it builds fine without it
and complains about whatever character follows it....

My knowledge of XML is *very* limited, mostly gleaned from the Forrest
doc's and examples - so my apologies advance if I'm missing the obvious
here, or if I'm asking in the wrong list.

I've appended the error and a snippet from the document.

Heres the validation error:

Buildfile: C:\Forrest\06\src\core\

The reference to entity "R" must end with the ';' delimiter.

C:\Forrest\06\src\core\targets\validate.xml:143: Could not validate
document C:\Documents and

Total time: 2 seconds

and a snippet(s) of the xml doc (without my <code> and <source> experiments)

<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN"

the special keys will be displayed along with command type options of
press and release, hold and release.
Use the scroll button to select [F12]. [IRKBD:F12:P&R] appears in the
verbal cue speech bar.

View raw message