forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: project specific changes for plugins
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:36:32 GMT
Our changes are pretty general:
   *sDocBook*           *forrest-document*
   <example>        --> <note label="Example">
   <note role="A">  --> <note class="A">
   <anchor> commented out (it's not a sDocBook tag),
      actually don't know the reason why we removed it.

Don't know if there was more ... the pretty-printer
did a good job and now diff's output is unusable :-(

We'll have to deliver a complete forrest-project
to one of our customers and I would really like
to keep the changes out of forrest.

And for experimenting in a multi-user setting (one
forrest, multiple authors in different projects) it
seems wise not to mess with forrest.

Would be great to contribute to DocBook-support,
though ;-)

Cheers
Johannes

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make project-specific changes
>> to plugins?
>>
>> We want to adapt the sdocbook-plugin to support
>> some special "roles" we defined for our documents.
>

> Not currently, you would have to create your own plugin based on the
> original.
>
> What are the changes you need to make? If they are the kinds of thing
> that others may want to use and they can be made in a configurable way I
> would rather make them in the plugin itself.
>
> Alternatively, we could look at a plugin extension mechanism. This has
> been in the back of my mind for a while but I've been waiting for the
> right use case to come along so that I can think about the design in a
> more concrete fashion, perhaps yours is that use case.
>
> Ross

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de