forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project specific changes for plugins
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:38:55 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Is there a way to make project-specific changes
> to plugins?
>
> We want to adapt the sdocbook-plugin to support
> some special "roles" we defined for our documents.

Not currently, you would have to create your own plugin based on the
original.

What are the changes you need to make? If they are the kinds of thing
that others may want to use and they can be made in a configurable way I
would rather make them in the plugin itself.

Alternatively, we could look at a plugin extension mechanism. This has
been in the back of my mind for a while but I've been waiting for the
right use case to come along so that I can think about the design in a
more concrete fashion, perhaps yours is that use case.

Ross