forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest crashes without an xdoc/index.xml file
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:07:38 GMT
greg.vaco@cox.net wrote:
> Forrest (Head, revision 125624) seems to assume there's an index.xml file in the xdoc
root directory.  Without this file, Forrest throws a nasty exception shown below; however,
the site seems to render correctly.  To reproduce this error, seed a fresh project, rename
index.xml, and then update site.xml & tab.xml accordingly.

> An easy workaround is to include a dummy index.xml file, which stops the exception.
But, I’m not sure if there’s some undiscovered side-effect.  Can anyone shed any light
on this problem?

I don't think this is a bug. There are other links to index.html in the
fresh-site and so Forrest is trying to render it (see
samples/usemap.xml). I have not tested it, perhaps you could do that for
me, but if you change *all* references to index.* in fresh-site then
this should go away.

To see what pages are linking to the missing file look at
project_home/build/tmp/brokenlinks.xml

Ross