forrest-user mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <>
Subject Re: i18n in Forrest 0.6
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:12:56 GMT
Martin Kuba wrote:

> Thanks, that helped. However it doesn't seem usable. My browser
> is set to accept Czech and English
> Accept-language: cs,en-us;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
> and the first thing I saw was an error page stating that file
> index_cs.xml
> cannot be found. It is not acceptable to display an error message
> when a match for an acceptable language is not found.  Even when I create
> index_en.xml, it still displays the error page, which is wrong,
> English is listed as my second language.

I know that fall-back content negotioation is not working. There is a
bug on cocoon i18in transformer that needs to be fixed before I can
continue the work on that.

> Also I don't see any link to switch among language versions.

There is already some code that will provide you with the posible
languages available as well.  But unless the i18ntransformer gets fix,
there is not more I can do.,

> Also forcing a particular language by following a link is needed.

Yes, I am aware of that.
have a look on the test case for the bug on cocoon,if you spot something
maybe that will get in for the next release.

View raw message