forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for XInclude in tabs.xml and site.xml
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:57:42 GMT
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> På 12. jan. 2005 kl. 16.44 skrev Ross Gardler:
>
>> The site.xml and tabs.xml pipelines do not use the xinclude
>> transformer. I don't think there would be a problem in adding this
>> functionality to core, but you could create a project sitemap that
>> overrides the existing site.xml.
>>
>> There are three locations in which site.xml appears in the generate
>> portion of a pipeline, if you add
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>> Do the same for the one location tabs.xml appears in a generate
>> section of a pipeline.
>>
>> This should work, if it does, please provide a patch and add it to our
>> issue tracker (see http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html#patch )
>

> Thanks for the help, it worked.
>
> A new issue is created in the issue tracker, together with a patch.
> Please see:
>
> http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-417
>
> What's still left: to document the new xinclude function in site.xml and
> tabs.xml, both that it is there, and a simple example on how to use it.

Yeah I saw that, thanks very much for the patch.

I was about to commit it the other day but something struck me and I
don't currently have the time to check it out. Perhaps you could explain
how it works.

My problem is understanding how this is helpful because all the XDocs
would have to be in the same directory structure. And since we can only
have one site.xml and one tabs.xml file in each project I'm not sure how
you are making multiple sites. Perhaps a brief example would make the
penny drop for me.

Ross