forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for XInclude in tabs.xml and site.xml
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:44:03 GMT
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> This was what we did:
>
> <tabs>
>  <!-- other tabs go before here -->
>     <tab id="Technological" label="Technological documentation"
> dir="xml-doc" indexfile="index.html">
>         <xi:include href="tullball.xml"
> xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
>     </tab>
> </tabs>
>
> Also this did not work:
>
> <tabs>
>  <!-- other tabs go before here -->
>     <xi:include href="tullball.xml"
> xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
> </tabs>

The site.xml and tabs.xml pipelines do not use the xinclude transformer.
I don't think there would be a problem in adding this functionality to
core, but you could create a project sitemap that overrides the existing
site.xml.

There are three locations in which site.xml appears in the generate
portion of a pipeline, if you add

         <map:transform type="xinclude"/>

After the generation, e.g.

       <map:match pattern="abs-linkmap">
         <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}site.xml" />
         <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
         <map:transform
src="{forrest:stylesheets}/absolutize-linkmap.xsl" />
         <map:serialize type="xml" />
       </map:match>

Do the same for the one location tabs.xml appears in a generate section
of a pipeline.

This should work, if it does, please provide a patch and add it to our
issue tracker (see http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html#patch )

Ross