forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help w/transforming an aggregated doc
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:20:05 GMT
Andy J wrote:
> Alas, I tried that, too.  My tabs.xml actually refers to projects.html
> which I figured the Forrest machinery would then implicitly make a
> call which would match projects.xml (the aggregated document) but
> would still need to be returned as HTML.

No, an XML file should be serialised as XML, whilst HTML should be
serialised as HTML (it affects the mime headers).

> And the PDF gets
> the content but dagblasted it's not getting into the HTML!

This is confusing me, I must be missing something simple. If you are
getting the PDF then the XML must be generated correctly.

>  I just
> tried the docs2document.xsl and have tried others.  Am I right in that
> the aggregate will spit out a very basic composite of my two documents
> and then pipe it to the XSL?  Any other ideas?

Did you try http://localhost:8888/project/projects.xml? You should see
the XML that is generated by your aggregation and it should be a valid
XDoc. Does it have the DTD defined in it?

You can also look in PROJECT_ROOT/build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs for any
useful information (in particular core.log and error.log).

Ross