forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aggregator Recipe Request
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:17:43 GMT
Andy J wrote:
> Has anyone done something to populate a tab from an aggregation of
> files in a directory?  I read in the documentation
> (http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#menu_generation) about
> using an alternative tab generation method to select by directory -
> but I don't want that methodology for every tab, just one.  That is,
> what I'm trying to do is have one tab that gets its entries from all
> the files in a certain directory, e.g.:
>
> <foolist label="Foos" href="foos/" tab="foolist">
>     <!-- picks up all entries in foos/ and does their transformation
> as per the pipeline -->
>     <summary label="Summary" href="foos/"/>
> </foolist>
>
> If I understand the documentation, it's pretty clear on how to create
> a pipeline for processing the object files themselves into XML but I'm
> not sure how I'd go about getting the tab setup.
>
> Could anyone offer anything with the tabs and/or sitemap entry?

This is not currently possible, although it has been discussed before as
a possible enhancement. If you fancy having a go at creating this
functionality that would be cool. Here are a few pointers:

- tab.xml is processed in tabs.xmap
- cocoon provides a directory generator
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/directory-generator.html

Try something like:

         <map:select type="exists">
           <map:when test="{project:content.xdocs}tabs.xml">
             <!-- process as per current behaviour -->
           </map:when>
           <map:otherwise>
             <!-- use directory generator to read directory, transform
with XSL an serialise -->
           </map:otherwise>
         </map:select>

Ross