forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it right for me help request
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:29:37 GMT
Andy J wrote:
> Cool...  One thing I tried in my brief eval was copying ALL the xmap
> files into my document directory (which I though was the basic m.o.
> for customization).  Doing this I kept getting java out of memory
> errors until I /removed/ the xmap files from the document directory.

This is how we handled extensions in version 0.5 and earlier, version
0.6 introduced project sitemaps which simplify the extension process.
Version 0.7 introduces the plugins, which even further simplify things.

If you found yourself trying this method of extension because a doc led
you down that path we may need to update that doc so please let us know
if clarification is needed.

Ross