forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Aggregation Example
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:43:03 GMT
Stefan Baramov wrote:
> Can someone post a simple aggregation example. I've read the user mail list, I've searched
Forrest and Cocoon documentation on aggregation, and I found very little information. It has
to be simple but I can get it right. I have no experience with Cocoon and I am getting lost.

> I would like to aggregate several XML files in a single one.
> How do I define my pipeline (in sitemap.xmap)?
> Or do I need multiple piplelines?

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Aggregating
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Protocols

There is an example in the Forrest core, but perhaps we should
put a very basic example in the "forrest seed" site.

You have not told us which version of forrest you are using.
For the current trunk (i.e. 0.7-dev) see webapp/sitemap.xmap
around line 490 and follow the aggregation where it gets its
parts from other sitemap matches using the "cocoon:" protocol.

> How do I link the generate document with site.xml?

Aggregation is done in the sitemap.xmap ... that is nothing
to do with site.xml ... We need an FAQ to reduce the
confusion caused by the name site.xml

--David