forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hiding a tab's TOC in the main TOC
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:16:45 GMT
El dom, 23-01-2005 a las 00:39, Sylvain Wallez escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> Maybe that's a newbie question...
>
> I'm adding a tab to a Forrest site and would like it to have its own
> TOC, separate from the main one, i.e. something similar to Forrest's own
> web site where Welcome/Project/Documentation/How-To have separate TOCs.
>
> I couldn't find a way to do that using a single site.xml. Is it possible?

Yes.
1. http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#tabs.xml
Add your tag to your tab.xml e.g. lenya:
<tabs software="Lenya CMS"
  title="Lenya CMS"
  copyright="ASF"
  <!-- The rules are:
    @dir will always have /index.html added.
    @href is not modified unless it is root-relative and obviously
specifies a
    directory (ends in '/'), in which case /index.html will be added
  -->
  <tab label="Project" dir="" id="project" indexfile="index.html"/>
  <tab label="Installation" dir="installation" id="installation"
indexfile="index.html"/>
  <tab label="Documentation" dir="docs" id="docs"
indexfile="index.html"/>
  <tab label="Community" dir="community" id="community"
indexfile="index.html"/>
</tabs>

2. http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html
Now just define which parts of site.xml should refer to a certain tab.
e.g lenya installation <installation tab="installation"/>
http://lenya.apache.org/installation/index.html:
<site xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" href=""
label="Lenya" tab="project">
    <installation href="installation/" label="Installation"
tab="installation">
        <download href="index.html" label="Download"/>
        <cvs href="subversion.html" label="Subversion Access"/>
        <install href="source_version.html" label="Installation
Instructions"/>
    </installation>
</site>

3. Now in http://lenya.apache.org/installation/index.html: you have your
tab specific TOC or did I missunderstand you?

HTH
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"