forrest-user mailing list archives

From Robert McIntosh <robert.mcint...@zurichna.com>
Subject Re: XML editor?
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:00:19 GMT

Hi Bruce,
I personally tend to prefer JEdit for all of my XML stuff (especially
Forrest docs) largely because of the folding abilities. When you have a
large doc it is really nice to fold the regions that you are not working on
so you don't have to scroll around so darn much. It some validating
abilities (via plugins), highlighting, completion, etc. like you would
expect, and of course it is free.

- Robert McIntosh

Thursday, December 30, 2004 7:11 PM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
cc:
From: Bruce Lee <brucelee_1969@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: XML editor?

Hello,

I am new to Forrest (but Wow it's Great!) and XML
editing, wondering if any of you have opinions re: XML
editors (No, I'm not just trying to incite a flame
war, honest). I have just installed nxml-mode in Emacs
and also downloaded XMLspy.

The latter has already revealed itself as troublesome
when trying to pick up schema/catalog.xcat (as per the
suggested workaround on this site). Emacs seems to be
it's good old self but (being ignorant) I'm not sure
whether using Relax NG is compatible/sensible with
Forrest DTD/Schemas?

Does anyone have opinions to share on either of these
or care to suggest (preferrably free) alternatives
that work well with Forrest?

Have a great New Year!

And thanks again for your awesome software!!

http://au.movies.yahoo.com