forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question: how to enable document section numbering?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:32:24 GMT
Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Section numbering is enabled for document rendered in PDF, but not for
> HTML (tigris skin).
> I would like to get auto-numbering for section headers:
> 1. Section1
>     1.1 Section1.1
>     1.2 Section1.2
> 2. Section2
>
> I am unable to find where to enable something like this.
>
> Any ideas?

It is not available in the HTML stylesheets, it would be good to see
this as a patch.

You can see how it is done in PDF by looking in the file document2fo.xsl
in the common skin, see
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl

If you search for "numbersections" in that file you'll see the relevant
parts.

To add this to the HTML versions of pages you need to edit
document2html.xsl - see
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl?rev=109943&view=auto

An appropriate configuration element should also be added to the
skinconf.xml file.

Ross