forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Getting forrestbot working
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:46:40 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> I'm trying to get forrestbot to build a site I have in a CVS server.
>> Im using the docs at
>> I have copied the example buildfile on that page into a new directory
>> and set the relevant propery values.
>> When running /forrest -f I get build failed. The
>> error is shown below:
>> Buildfile:
>> getsrc.clean-workdir:
>> getsrc.cvs:
>> <cvs cvsRoot=""
>>       package="repositoryData"
>>       dest="D:\tmp\forrestbot\work\cvsmodules"
>>       quiet="false"
>>       command="checkout -l"
>>       tag=""
>>       failonerror="true"
>>       />
>> Using cvs passfile: C:\cygwin\home\Ross Gardler\.cvspass
>> cvs checkout: authorization failed: server
>> rejected access to /cvsroot/burrokeet for user anonymous
>> The CVS passfile contains the line:
>> The getsrc.cvs.password property in the buildfile is set to an empty
>> string (the correct password).
>> Any clues?
> Try running in verbose mode (forrest -v -f and see
> what the <cvspass> and <cvs> tasks do.

I'm still no nearer to getting it working. Using verbose mode I get a
load more output but none of it appears to be directly relevant to the
<cvspass> and <cvs> tasks (other than what I pasted above).

Interestingly, when running under Cygwin, the output from the verbose
mode seems incomplete, for example, there is a java exception report but
only the latter half of the stack trace is present, there first half
(including the exception type) is missing.

Running in verbose under DOS gives a more helpful output:

D:\tmp\forrestbot>forrest -v -f

Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options

<snip what="environment variables and the like, and the output provided

CreateProcess: cvs -
q checkout -l repositoryData error=2

         ... 11 more
--- Nested Exception --- CreateProcess: cvs
:/cvsroot/burrokeet -q checkout -l repositoryData error=2
         at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
         at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(
         at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
         at java.lang.Runtime.exec(

I have verified (under cygwin as I have no DOS based CVS) that I can
login and checkout repositoryData module with the info supplied to

Unfortunately the ANT mailing list archives don't turn anything up with
regards this error. I'll move my enquiry over there if no-one here has
seen this before as it isn't really a Forrest thing by the looks of it.

View raw message