forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trouble with forrest's SVGSerializer from cocoon
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:38:36 GMT
Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan wrote:
> Following are the snippets:
> In sitemap.xmap of forrest 0.6  added in <map:serializers>
>
>   <map:serializer name="svg2png"
>     src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer"
>     mime-type="image/png"
>     logger="sitemap.serializer.svg2png"/>
>

> and in the sitemap.xmap of the project added in <map:pipelines>
>
> <map:pipeline>
> <map:match pattern="images/*.png">
>   <map:generate src="{project:project.images-dir}{1}.svg"/>
>   <map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
> </map:match>
> </map:pipeline>

There should be no need to create a project specific match to create
images from svg as Forrest already does this (see
FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/resources.xmap). Furthermore, this match will
prevent you serving any "images/*.png" files that are png sources - be
careful (the resources.xmap shows how to deal with this issue).

However, given that you have created one, lets find your problem. Where
What is project.images-dir set to (if anything) in forrest.properties
and where is your boxes.svg file (I've not look at your SVG I trust it
is good, I'm no expert with that format).

Ross