forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [skins] Remark on skins documentation - page breaks
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:34:46 GMT
Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra) wrote:
> I just moved away from PDF generated by fop as I had plenty of problems,
> including images and tables.

We'd be very interested to hear about those problems so that we can fix

> I use a "print" from my browser an a PDF printer to have a colorful doc
> from the HTML. By doing so, with your last tip, I can also control PDF
> page breaks. I just miss the table of contents.

But that means you have printed pages with all the navigation other such
clutter that is not relevant in a PDF. Still, if it suits your pruposes
then who am I to say otherwise.

> I know that it kind of break the "philosophy" of forrest but, to me, the
> generated PDF file was not useable as is.

Please take the time to sumbit issues to the issue tracker via!default.jspa

This means we are aware of things that need to be improved for our users
(sometimes you'll find an easier wat of doing things to as with the
page-break case you stated in this thread).

View raw message