forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [skins] Remark on skins documentation - page breaks
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:34:46 GMT
Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra) wrote:
> I just moved away from PDF generated by fop as I had plenty of problems,
> including images and tables.

We'd be very interested to hear about those problems so that we can fix
them.

> I use a "print" from my browser an a PDF printer to have a colorful doc
> from the HTML. By doing so, with your last tip, I can also control PDF
> page breaks. I just miss the table of contents.

But that means you have printed pages with all the navigation other such
clutter that is not relevant in a PDF. Still, if it suits your pruposes
then who am I to say otherwise.

> I know that it kind of break the "philosophy" of forrest but, to me, the
> generated PDF file was not useable as is.

Please take the time to sumbit issues to the issue tracker via
http://issues.cocoondev.org/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

This means we are aware of things that need to be improved for our users
(sometimes you'll find an easier wat of doing things to as with the
page-break case you stated in this thread).

Ross