forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANT-integration
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:15:42 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
{ANT build doesn't work, forrest site does)

Comparing the output of your ANT target to the /forrest site/ target I
notice many differences, such as:

ANT:

C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\forrest.properties

FORREST:

C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\build\forrest.properties

If we look at forrest.build.xml to see how these locations are generated
we find:

<echo message="Loading project specific properties from
${project.home}${/}forrest.properties" />
     <property file="${project.home}/forrest.properties" />

So, the problem appears to be that ${project.home} is not set correctly.
Looking at where it is set in forrest.build.xml we find the following
just a couple of lines before the above:

<property name="project.home" location="." />

Since your ant build file is not in the root of your project directory
(you have it in your build directory), this line is setting project home
incorrectly and results in the above errors.

SOLUTION
========

Your Ant target should be sopmething like:

	<target name="init.props"
	<target name="forrestBuild" depends="init.props">
	  <echo>Building website via Apache Forrest!</echo>
	  <ant antfile="${env.FORREST_HOME}/forrest.build.xml">
             <property name="project.home" location=".."/>
           </ant>
	</target>

Please let me know if this works as I'll create that FAQ entry from it.

Ross