forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan" <prav...@hcltech.co.jp>
Subject RE: Trouble with forrest's SVGSerializer from cocoon
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:37:30 GMT
 Rick,
   I am running forrest 0.6
   I am running the application as 'forrest run'
Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Tessner
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Sent: 2004/12/05 3:27
Subject: Re: Trouble with forrest's SVGSerializer from cocoon

Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have set up sitemap.xmap to generate events on a simple
> images/boxes.svg file and then to serialize it using the
> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer"
> map is made to images/boxes.png when the above generator and
serializer is
> used in the pipeline.
>
>    However, it complains that there is an Internal Cocoon Problem of
NULL
> pointer. (The file images/boxes.svg is found that I have made sure....
after
> that I cant guess what is wrong).
>
>   Could somebody kindly explain this exception and how to recover? Is
it a
> bug in forrest?
>
> with best regards
> Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Could we get a little more information from you?  In particular, what
version of Forrest are you using?  If it's checked out from subversion
(svn), could you identify what revision by doing an "svn info" at the
top-level directory?

Plus, are you running this as a web application via a "forrest run" or
built as a webapp and deployed under a servlet engine?

--
Rick Tessner
rick at apache dot org